is a study of the design, implementation, development, support or management of computer-based information systems, especially in hardware (hardware) and software (computer software) applications. Simply, are facilities that consist of hardware and software to support and improve the quality of information for every layer of society quickly and in quality.
Definition of Information Technology (IT) According to Experts
• Haag and Keen (1996): Understanding information technology according to Haag and Keen that information technology is a set of tools that help you work with information and perform tasks related to information processing.
• Oxford English Dictionary (OED): Understanding information technology according to the Oxford English Dictionary is hardware and software and can include networks and telecommunications which are usually business or business contexts.
• Williams and Sawyer (2003): According to Williams and Sawyer, the notion of information technology is a technology that combines computing (computers) with high-speed communication lines that carry data, sound, and video.
• Martin (1999): According to Martin that information technology is a technology that is not only on computer technology (hardware and software) that will be used to process and store information, but to identify communication technology to send or disseminate information.
Information Technology Function
Information Technology (IT) Function – There are six Information Technology functions, among others, as follows
Processing/processing input data received to become information. Processing or processing can be in the form of converting data to another form (conversion), condition analysis (analysis), calculation (calculation), merging (synthetic), all forms of data and information.
3. Produce (Generating)
Produce or organize information in a useful form. Examples are reports, graphs, tables and so on.
4. Store (Store)
Record or store data and information in a medium for other purposes. Examples are floppy disks, hard drives, tape, compact disks and so on.
5. Retrieving (Retrieval)
Searching for getting back information or copying data and information that has been stored, for example, a paid supplier, and so on.
6. Transmission (Transmission)
Send data and information from a location to another location through a computer network. For example, sending sales data to user A to other users, and so on.
Such is the information about the Definition of Information Technology, Objectives, Functions. Hopefully, friends can accept and benefit us all both the understanding of information technology, the purpose of information technology, the function of information technology, the history of the development of information technology, and the understanding of information technology according to experts. That is all and thank you. Greetings Share Friends